BNDES - Brazilian Development Bank
   




BNDES approves a R$ 1.62 billion loan to RIOgaleão

12/21/2017

The long-term credit matures in 2027

The resource will allow the concessionaire to pay off part of the bridge loan that matures this month 

The board of directors of the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES) this week approved the long-term financing of R$ 1.62 billion to RIOgaleão, concessionaire of the Antônio Carlos Jobim International Airport (Galeão). The term of the financing is 10 years, ending on December 15, 2027.

This loan is part of a set of initiatives – including the change in corporate structure and a new schedule of payments of grants – aimed at giving more financial strength to the concessionaire and ensuring the quality of its services. RIOgaleão already has a R$ 1 billion bridge loan maturing on December 26, which will be partly paid off with long-term credit resources. 

This new loan corresponds to 70% of the investments in the period of financial support. The financing occurs through mixed operation, directly in the amount of R$ 793.8 million (49% of the total), while the remaining R$ 826.2 million (51%) will be transferred to four financial institutions: Banco do Brasil, Bradesco, Caixa Econômica Federal and Santander. 

Improvements – After assuming the concession, RIOgaleão, among other improvements, has already implemented  the extension of 1,850 available parking spaces in the parking lot intended for the vehicles of users. In addition, it added or modernized 95 check-in positions, approximately 10 thousand m² of boarding areas, 35 thousand m² of commercial areas and 58 jet bridges.

 

Recent News  Recent News
04/01/2018
BNDES projects R$54 billion for new infrastructure financing for the 2018-19 biennium
This growth was driven by the energy projects: binding agreements grew 52%, while disbursements increased by 69%.
12/29/2017
BNDES Memo: EGF coverage of the operation with Mozambique
The Export Guarantee Fund (EGF) is a budgeting and accounting fund of the National Treasury that aims to strengthen the guarantees of the Court of Accounts through the Export Credit Insurance (ECI).