Art. 1 - BNDES regards Social and Environmental Responsibility as valuing and ensuring that social and environmental dimensions are integrated into its strategies, policies, practices and procedures, in all of its activities and in its relationship with its various audiences.
II - Principles
Art. 2 - BNDES’s Social and Environmental Responsibility Policy, aligned with the corporate statements – Mission, Vision, Statement of Values and Code of Ethics, confirms the Bank’s historic commitment to Brazil’s sustainable development. The following items are the guiding principles for BNDES’s activities:
- To promote development using an integrated concept, which includes economic, social and environmental dimensions;
- to respect human rights while fighting and condemning any practices that result in any type of discrimination or violation of these rights;
- to hold ethics and transparency as founding pillars of the relationship with all stakeholders, ensuring dialogue and being responsible for its decisions and activities; and
- to proactively work in alignment with Brazilian public policies and standards and observe international behavioral regulations.
III - Guidelines
Art. 3 - The guidelines relate to BNDES’s strategic and operational activities, its stakeholders and impacts on society and the environment.
Art. 4 - The following guidelines for social and environmental responsibility, in conjunction with other instruments, direct BNDES’s activities to promoting sustainability:
- to strengthen public policies associated with sustainability as well as social and environmental responsibility;
- to develop and refine financial products, methodologies and other instruments on a permanent basis that incorporate social and environmental criteria and contribute particularly to regional and local sustainable development;
- to reinforce social and environmental responsibility in the processes of planning, management and operations;
- to induce and recognize the best practices of social and environmental responsibility in its suppliers, customers, financial institutions and other accredited partners, thereby contributing to the advancement of sustainability in Brazilian society;
- to develop and refine methodologies and other instruments, on a permanent basis, that monitor and evaluate the socioenvironmental impacts and results generated by the Bank itself and by the activities that it supports financially;
- to reflect, in the corporate communication standards, the relevance that the social and environmental actions assume and BNDES’s willingness to share responsibilities with transparency and dialogue;
- to increase knowledge and disseminate a culture of sustainability and also social and environmental responsibility;
- to develop partnerships and share experiences with other organizations in order to promote social and environmental responsibility and strengthen transparency, dialogue between stakeholders and citizen participation in public administration;
- to adopt policies that value the employees and promote their personal and professional development, emphasizing social and environmental commitment as well as the respect for human rights; and
- to consider the most modern sustainability requirements at their premises and in their administrative activities, thereby contributing to environmental preservation.
IV - Strategy and governance
Art. 5 - To ensure that these principles and guidelines of the SER Policy are effectively applied and that BNDES’s environmental risk management system is continuously improved, the institution established plans to review and adapt their corporate policies and practices routinely, as well as awareness and communication programs for their employees and stakeholders.
Art. 6 - Governance is a key factor for ensuring sustainability in BNDES’s work and decision-making processes, which should be continuously improved. BNDES has teams that are dedicated towards social and environmental themes and corporate committees whose purpose is to discuss, deliberate and monitor the integration of social and environmental dimensions regarding their strategies, policies, practices and procedures.
V - Policy evaluation and revision
Art. 7 - This policy must be evaluated and revised at least every five years by its jurisdictional authorities.